Saturday was AMAZING! THANK YOU to all the parents who came out to help at the competition & to those who stayed behind to work the ACU game! Without your help, none of this would come together and happen for our kids so please know when you volunteer your time in any capacity, it is greatly appreciated and means so much!
We have a very busy and exciting week ahead of us so this is lengthy with schedule info. Here is what’s happening in Band!
- Monday 10/31/16 – Practice is from 2:30 – 5:30 so students can enjoy Halloween
- Tuesday 11/1/16 – District Marching Exhibition – North Canyon, 1700 E Union Hills Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85024 Call time is 4:30 in Full Uniform. Performances are from 6 pm to 9 pm. Tell your family & friends! This is a great time to have them come watch our amazing band & there is no admission charge! There are also vendors there if you choose to grab a bite. This is just like an Away Game, but without the football! All of the PVUSD Marching Bands will perform their shows, this is night not to be missed as you will witness amazing performances!
- Thursday – 11/3/16 – Practice 6 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday 11/5/16 -STATE!!! Our amazing students have worked so hard and it paid off with our making it to State Festival. Mr. Simon sent out the line-up of bands & we anticipate a full schedule in the next couple of days so we can plan for pit/prop help. We are scheduled to perform at 6:15 which means we will line up at the gate at 6:00. When we make top ten that night, that will mean we move on to State Championships the following Saturday so save the date, it is looking really good for the band!!
- Saturday 11/5/16 – ACU Game! If anyone is not planning on attending state and would be available to work the pop-corn/snow cone booth for this game, please sign up on the sign up genius sent from Vicki Shupe.
- Save the Date!!! Parent Night #2 & Butter Braids Delivery Monday Nov 14th. You must pick up your butter braids that evening we do not have anywhere to store them for you and they have to go into a freezer so be sure to make arrangements to have someone there to get them! More details to come!
- End of Marching Season Banquet Saturday Nov, 19 6:00. More details to come soon!